I found this recipe for Fluffy Gluten Free Pancakes and knew we had to try them. Sorry that I didn’t get a picture, but they were really good and they all got eaten. In fact, the first batch was eaten by the kids and I had to make a second batch so the rest of us would have some!
I did make some changes to the original recipe so what you see below is what I did.
Fluffy Gluten Free Pancakes
4 Tb oil(coconut is what I used)
2 cups buttermilk(if you don’t have buttermilk use regular milk with a Tb of vinegar)
2 cups brown rice flour
1/3 cup tapioca starch(or cornstarch or potato starch, etc)
1/4 tsp baking soda
1-1/2 tsp baking powder
3/4 tsp salt
1/2 tsp xanthan gum(or guar gum)
1. Mix the eggs, oil, and buttermilk together.
2. In separate bowl mix all the dry ingredients.
3. Make a well in dry ingredients and pour in the wet ingredients.
4. Mix all ingredients together until just incorporated.
5. Let sit or rest for 5 minutes.
6. Stir again and place by the 1/4 cupful onto griddle. I had to flatten mine out some because they were TOO fluffy for us(they don’t spread at all). Cook on each side until golden brown and serve warm with honey.
These were delicious and sorry for not getting a picture, but you’ll just have to try them yourselves!