Deviled Egg Recipe

We always have tons of eggs around here because we have our own chickens.  I love farm fresh eggs.  One of the things we love to do with eggs is make deviled eggs.  This is a super simple deviled egg recipe that I’ve used for years.  My kids all love them and will eat a whole batch at one meal.  To tell you what  a batch is I boil up 2 dozen eggs per time!!

deviled egg recipe homemade

So here you go:

wash eggs and refrigerate for at least 12 hours
boil water until at a rolling boil
drop eggs carefully into the water
let water reboil and boil the eggs for at least half an hour
pour water and eggs into colander to strain
fill pan up with cold water and submerge the eggs
redrain the eggs and place them in the refrigerator for 2-3 hours(this helps them set and they will peel easier)
peel eggs
cut eggs in half lengthwise and remove the yolks carefully
I use a potato masher to mash up the egg yolks, then I add miracle whip, parmesan cheese, garlic powder, onion powder, black pepper, and sometimes a hint of pickle relish.  Stir this all together until well blended.
Now using a spoon place the yolk mixture back into the eggs and refrigerate or serve!  You will have extra yolk mix and we love to eat it on crackers(gluten free of course-favorite is crunchmaster).

Yummy yummy in your tummy!  Enjoy!

1. Nancy says:

Nice recipe!

On another blog there was a recipe using food color to dye the boiled egg white halves before you filled them with the egg yolk mixture. They were very pretty!

Nancy
    allibrary (at) aol (dot) com

2. Myra Rzepa says:

this is one of my families favorite foods! its so funny at chirstmas time when we bring the plate out my grandma usually hogs the whole plate and eats em all so we put out one plate just for her lol!

3. trishden says:

Sound delish, I would substitute Helmann’s real mayo for the miricle whip, cause I don’t like miricle whip, but I’m sure they are just as good. Thanks!

trishden948(at)yahoo(dot)com

4. Jennifer Hiles says:

I never get the timing right when hard boiling eggs – now I know! I never thought to add parmesan but it sounds like a great idea. This may sound weird but someone once told me to add a tablespoon of peanut butter to the mixture and I thought “no way” but I got to tell you it was so good!

5. Lillea says:

I liked a simple version of this which my family just called “stuffed eggs” even though the only thing they were stuffed with was the mayonnaise mixed in along with salt and pepper. :)

6. Brr23 says:

I love eating Deviled eggs. Have never taken the time to make my own though! I think I am going to have to break down and make some! Thank you for sharing!

7. shar32 says:

Your deviled egg recipe sounds different. I would use Best Foods mayonnaise, and no pickles. But I would try the cheese. Thanks so much for the new recipe.

8. alena says:

i do similar,but never put garlic in it,i do add relish like u or i just sprinkle it with little red paprika on top..my kids love those!

9. Dianna says:

wow– these sure look good–I had forgotten how much I love deviled eggs–bacon pieces sounds wonderful– I am going to try to make these–thanks

10. Lisa R says:

I’ve never made these but like them. I just never get around to writing down my sis in laws recipe, she adds worcestershire sauce to hers but at least i have yours now.

sibabe64 at ptd dot net

11. lisa says:

I love deviled eggs. One time I tried one that had all kinds of cr uh, junk in it. Our recipe is close to yours.Thanks.

12. Maria Iemma says:

I have a lot of extra eggs in the refrigerator and this will be a great way to use them. We do not eat the decorated Easter eggs because they stay out of refrigeration for too long but my family loves eggs and I will be ‘deviling’ some this week. Thanks.